Our Best Vacuum Cleaner reviews cover units included on our various lists, because they are among the most popular vacuum models today. To narrow down the field and help make your decision less complicated, we’ve looked at other expert opinions from trusted review site. Furthermore, we have also considered consumers’ reviews and discovered what people are truly saying on the different attributes of each vacuum model.
In addition to the efficiency of the vacuum in terms of cleaning performance, it is also best to know how durable the machine is. Regardless of the price, the true cost of most products also depends on its long term performance. Vacuum cleaners are no exception. All models on our Best Vacuum Cleaner lists are efficient in cleaning carpets and bare floors, some of them are even great for removing pet hair. We call them our best all-around vacuum cleaners.
10 BEST VACUUM CLEANERS OF TODAY
#1 Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Bagless Upright Vacuum
For many this is simply the best vacuum cleaner. Dyson have rolled the best features of all their machines into this one. The key to the Dyson DC65 is its tremendous suction power. This vacuum is best used on carpets, bare floors and in removing pet hair. It offers 25% more brushroll power because the increased power drives bristles deeper into your carpets, releasing more dirt. Plus with its tangle-free turbine tool and counter rotating heads it efficiently removes pet hair and dirt from your upholstery.
Consumers were satisfied with how well the Dyson vacuum moves over carpeted floors, removing stubborn dirt easily. It also performs far better in edge cleaning compared to most vacuums out in the market. This cleaning machine is really a beast! And even if the Dyson DC65 Animal is expensive, you will have peace of mind with its 5-year warranty – as a result, you enjoy the benefits of the latest and most powerful technology that Dyson offers. See Dyson DC65 Full Review
- POWERFUL SUCTION
- Ball design makes it easier to maneuver
- Great for edge cleaning
- Long power cord (35-feet) offers great range of travel
- Attachments work really well such as the stair tool, tangle-free turbine tool and others
- HEPA filter
- Self storing hose and wand
- 5 Year Warranty
- The handle is not quite sturdy as it bends
- Ball design limit is its reach when cleaning under chairs, cabinets, couches and such
#2 Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Bagless Vacuum (NV356E)
The Shark Navigator Pro ranks high in the best vacuum cleaner category because consumers say it is not too expensive and it is very versatile to use. It is a 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner. You can use the Shark Navigator Professional as a powerful upright for cleaning carpeted floors or as a portable canister for above the surface cleaning and it’s also great for hardwood floors.
It comes with many attachments and accessories to help you with most cleaning jobs. The Dust-Away attachment, along with microfiber pads remove large particles and dust on your bare floors. The included pet power brush attachment is also efficient in cleaning pet hair, dust and dirt from stairs, furniture, bedding and for cleaning your car. The Shark vacuum is lightweight and features Swivel steering for easy control when maneuvering throughout your home. Consumers were also impressed that the vacuum comes with an extra large dust cup so that they don’t have to empty it as often. See Shark Navigator Pro NV356E Full Review
- Versatile and lightweight
- Excellent suction power
- Adjustable suction
- Large dust cup
- HEPA filter
- Lift Away mode is very handy in cleaning stairs, cars and above floor cleaning
- Swivel steering makes it easy to maneuver
- Good cord length at 30-feet
- 5 Year Warranty
- Lacks on-board tool storage
- Hose is short
- No LED headlights compared to other shark vacuum models
#3 BISSELL 9595A Bagless Upright Vacuum with OnePass
This is another inexpensive vacuum cleaner (costing less than $100), that offers the best value for your money. This might be the vacuum you seek if you are looking for an affordable vacuum which is excellent for everyday use for carpet cleaning without breaking the bank. There are many positive reviews of the Bissell 9595A model on how great it is for use in cleaning carpeted areas. It features OnePass technology that delivers powerful suction, with an innovative brush design which rotates deep down into carpets, cleaning more dust and dirt in its initial pass.
You can manually change the 5 height adjustment settings to tackle various surfaces. Consumers will also get a turbo brush tool for cleaning stairs, furniture and also for upholstery. Other accessories included are hose, extension wand, crevice tool and dusting brush or upholstery tool. We are not alone saying this could be your best vacuum cleaner, the Bissell CleanView Vacuum Cleaner is one of the best selling upright vacuums on Amazon. See Bissell 9595A with OnePass Review
- Good suction, cleans carpet effectively
- HEPA filter
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- All accessories easily store on the unit
- Height adjustments
- 2 Year Warranty
- Cord length is shorter than the above vacuums listed
- Shorter warranty period too
- Power switch placement is somewhat odd
#4 Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Bagless (NV752)
Possibly the best vacuum cleaner from Shark, is the Shark Rotator Pro. It’s a little more expensive than the Shark Navigator Pro NV365E model. The Shark NV752 is our number 1 best vacuum for pet hair. This vacuum cleaner will solve your worries in dealing with pet hair, even if you own long haired cats or hairy Labradors. It features a TruePet mini motorized brush attachment, and along with powerful suction lets you easily remove pet hair. The vacuum is also easy to maneuver around furniture and any obstacle with its dynamic swivel steering technology. Plus with its LED headlights that shine at floor level, you can clearly see all the pet hair or dust on the floor.
The Shark Rotator offers 3 mode settings, 2 settings for cleaning carpets and 1 for bare floors. Users can also transform the vacuum from an Upright for cleaning carpets, Lift-Away mode for above the floor cleaning, or a Canister (with caddy), if you prefer when cleaning hard floors. This is a very versatile vacuum cleaner, and with its attachments and accessories ensure consumers have most of the tools needed for any cleaning chore. See Shark Rotator TruePet Review
- Lift-Away vacuum pod easily detaches from the unit for users to reach under beds, cabinets, furniture and more
- 3-in-1 design – Upright, Lift-Away and canister with caddy
- Swivel steering makes it easy to maneuver around furniture and any obstacles
- Great suction power efficiently removes pet hair, dust and dirt from carpets and bare floors
- TruePet Mini-Motorized brush is an excellent tool that many consumers are happy using it
- Hard floor attachment with microfiber pad
- LED headlights
- HEPA filters
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Hose is short and stiff
- Not so great on hardwood floors
#5 Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition Vacuum, Bagged
The Miele Complete C2 is one of the best canister vacuums from Miele, which is a brand renown for offering both quality and performance. It is our no.1 vacuum for hardwood floors. This canister vacuum from Miele, is designed for cleaning hard floors such as tiles or hardwood, and it’s also great for cleaning low to medium pile carpets. It features amazing suction power that most of its consumers were pretty amazed with. It is the best vacuum cleaner for performance in removing dirt and dust from their polished wooden floors. The Miele C2 series is also a versatile vacuum cleaner that can gently transition from cleaning smooth or solid surfaces, to rugs and carpets. With its variable suction power and attachments, cleaning delicate furniture such as curtains is possible.
The Miele canister vacuum is very quiet to use, unlike upright models which can be loud when operating. The canister is also easy to pull without dragging and easy to maneuver around furniture, thanks to its 3 rotating rubber caster wheels. If you buy this vacuum cleaner, you can also benefit from Miele’s AirClean filtration system which is pretty efficient in removing dust or allergens making it beneficial for any members of the family with extreme dust allergies. See Miele Complete C2 Canister Review
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Variable suction power, 6 stage suction control
- Turbo Comfort Turbo-brush
- Rug & Floor combination brush
- Protected wheels make it safe to use on hardwood floors
- One-touch auto cord rewind
- Airflow indicator to show if the bag is full
- Air Clean filter
- 33-feet cleaning radius
- 1 year warranty for parts and labor
- 7 years warranty for power head motors and casing
- Not ideal for cleaning shaggy carpets or high-pile carpets
- Buying dust bags could be a disadvantage for some
#6 Hoover WindTunnel Air Steerable Bagless Upright Vacuum UH72400
If you don’t like to spend much, but still want to have one of the most reliable vacuums for cleaning carpet – then the Hoover Air Steerable Vacuum could be the best vacuum cleaner for you. This upright vacuum cleaner from Hoover features Windtunnel 3 technology.It lifts and removes embedded dirt from your carpet, using its 3 channels of suction. The vacuum’s suction power is also one of the best for its price point. You can easily swivel the vacuum, maneuvering around objects with just a flick of your wrist. Moreover, moving from carpets to cleaning hardwood floors is also convenient and all you have to do is press the multi-floor brushroll button.
Another brilliant feature which amazed the consumers is what’s inside the bin of the Hoover Windtunnel Air Steerable vacuum cleaner. It has multi-cyclonic where the air passes through 8 cyclones to filter dirt and debris from the air path. And this is really great considering that some much higher priced vacuum cleaners only offer 2 cyclones. This will assure you that the Hoover vacuum will keep the filter clean to prevent lose of suction over time. See Hoover Air Steerable Vacuum Review
- Good suction power that does an amazing job in cleaning carpeted areas
- Easy to steer or maneuver with its swivel base, navigating around furniture with ease
- Lightweight and compact
- Good cord length at 30 feet
- Low profile makes it easy to clean under chairs, bed, couches and such
- HEPA filter
- 5 Year Warranty
- Not enough attachments, like the lack of a pet tool
- The bin is kinda small and needs frequent emptying
- Somewhat annoying when you switch to hand tools as you need to detach and re-attach its hose to another chamber
BEST CORDLESS VACUUMS
#7 Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
The Hoover LINX does pretty well in removing dirt and dust on carpets, as well as bare floors. You can easily transition from cleaning carpets to hardwood floors by pressing its brushroll On/Off switch. There are many consumers who are also very satisfied with how it picks up pet hair efficiently.
With the Hoover LINX, you are able to change its rechargeable battery, (if you buy a spare one) so that you don’t have to stop cleaning whenever the battery used is running low. Most of the time a fully charged battery lasts for about 20 minutes, with the brush bar on. It also features a charge indicator which is pretty handy and consumers found it to be accurate as well. Consumers also loved how easy it is to empty and clean the dust cup of this vacuum stick, and how it stands up straight for easy storing. See Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Review
This could be best vacuum cleaner in the stick category, if you seek an inexpensive stick vacuum for pet hair, bare floors and low-pile carpets or area rugs.
- Windtunnel technology to easily remove embedded dirt on carpets
- Edge cleaning bristles for easy removal of dirt against edges or corners
- 18V lithium ion battery – no drop of suction power as the battery drains
- One touch control for activating the brushroll
- Interchangeable battery with charger
- Non marking wheels to avoid scratching when cleaning hardwood floors
- 2 Year Warranty
- It is kind of awkward to use when cleaning stairs and cars, as it lacks the attachments or does not have a detachable handheld vacuum
- If you go too far cleaning under your bed, its cleaning head tends to lift off the surface
- There is no extra battery included
#8 Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum
The Dyson V6 cordless vacuum is the best selling commercial indoor handheld vacuum on Amazon. You can use the vacuum for up to 20 minutes of fade-free suction. Its motorized cleaning head is able to clean various floor types. The carbon fiber filaments will remove fine dust off your hard floors, while its stiff nylon bristles will remove embedded dirt from your carpets. In addition, the bristles cover the cleaning head’s full width, making it easier for edge-to-edge cleaning.
The Dyson V6 features handheld mode, where the wand easily detaches from the unit for handheld cleaning for your stairs and cars. Consumers also liked using the max mode to pick up anything, making it on par with bulkier corded vacuum cleaners. Overall, consumers were very satisfied with Dyson’s regard for design and ease of use which is definitely present. As Cord Free units go, the Dyson V6 Cord-Free is the Best Vacuum Cleaner out there. See Dyson V6 Review
- Suction is great and better than other cordless vacuums ouron the market
- Lightweight at around 5-pounds
- Docking station makes it convenient to stow away, while getting charged up when needed
- Does not feel cheap
- Brushroll is easy to change and clean
- Design makes it easy to clean stairs, upholstery and more
- 1 Year Warranty
- Battery is not interchangeable
- Not so great on thick carpets as it doesn’t have adjustable carpet height
- Quite Expensive
#9 iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Considering a robotic vacuum cleaner? Then this best selling Commercial Indoor Robotic Vacuum should be one of your top choices. The iRobot Roomba 650 features an iAdapt Navigation which uses a full suite of sensors for navigating and adapting to your changing home. It has a 3-Stage cleaning system, that uses a combination of agitate, brushing and suctioning your floors. You can also schedule the iRobot for up to 7x per week for your convenience, or by just pressing the CLEAN button so that the robot gets to work. It’s low profile design also allows the vacuum to easily go and clean under beds, sofas or under the counters of your kitchen. And once it’s done, the robot automatically returns to the base between cleanings to recharge.
Consumers found the included “virtual wall” to be quite handy. It keeps the robot in the rooms they want it to clean, and out of the ones they don’t. So smartness and ease of use of the iRobot Roomba is no issue. The battery life also wins for most consumers. The robot can easily run for about 45 minutes of cleaning with just 1.5 hours of charge. Transitioning from cleaning bare floors, to rugs and to carpets is also not a problem. We think it is the best vacuum cleaner among the Robots on offer, it can even clean pet hair and consumers loved it! See iRobot Roomba 650 Review
- It sucks up more dirt, dust, crumbs and pet hair than other robot vacuum brands
- It cleans better on carpets than other robots
- You can set barriers so the robot stays in certain areas
- Convenient clean scheduling and “return to base” for recharging after each cleaning
- Easy to empty
- 1 Year Warranty
- Like with other robot vacuums, it sometimes gets stuck, especially on areas with cables, chords, speaker wires and such. This could also be an advantage as you work to tidy all wires, cords and clutter to prevent the robot getting stuck.
- It is quite loud, but manageable.
- As anticipated, the collection box is not large enough and needs frequent emptying.
#10 Black+Decker BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot Handheld Vacuum
Are you seeking a handheld vacuum cleaner with great suction power for cleaning stairs, cars, furniture or on the spot cleaning? Then you should consider the Black+Decker Handheld Vacuum. It is powered by 20V Max Lithium Ion batteries that will provide strong suction and fade-free suction power even if the battery is running low. It also features a pivoting nozzle that lets you easily clean hard to access spaces. In addition, its cyclonic action can spin debris and dust away from its filter to keep suction going strong. The vacuum offers a 3-stage filtering system for an extreme filtration and cleaner air exhaust.
Consumers loved this new generation hand vacuum, it is like a dustbuster! It doesn’t lose suction power with continuous use and the battery charge can last for up to 15 minutes. Its users can also replace the battery pack by only removing 2 screws and then the extra battery plugs in pretty easily. Consumers also liked the included charging cradle, which can be wall mounted or just sit on the floor. Overall, it is an excellent handheld vacuum from B&D ,which is designed for both function and aesthetics, and is out best vacuum cleaner in the hand held category.
- Plenty of suction power to remove dirt, dust and even gravel
- It is compact and can be folded down
- Easy to open for cleaning
- Great charging station
- The battery holds up very well
- 2 Year Warranty
- Louder than other handheld vacuums
- No warning when it’s battery is about to die
- A bit heavy for a handheld vacuum