Pet hair can be troublesome to remove from floors, couches and furniture. But a good vacuum cleaner, can make a big difference. When it comes to sucking up pet hair, the best vacuum for pet hair features a turbo brush or power head to give a more thorough clean. We thoroughly researched some of the most popular vacuum cleaners on the market today to help make your decision less complicated. We also analyzed user reviews to discover what consumers are truly saying on the different attributes of each vacuum cleaner. Then we considered other expert opinions from other trusted review sites to narrow down the field.
Our best pet vacuums are top rated vacuum cleaners,that will certainly keep your house free of pet hair, dust, dirt and allergens. You will have better living conditions and enjoy the peace of mind that these cleaning machines can provide. Some of the vacuums may not be the latest models, but each has a proven track record of picking up pet hair and each one represents good value.
10 BEST PET VACUUM CLEANERS
#1 Shark NV752 Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet
- Powered Lift-Away Tech – vacuum pod easily detaches to allow users to reach under the lowest spaces with its powerful floor nozzle.
- Motorized brush roll lets you use the vacuum on carpet or hard floor
- 3-in-1 design provides Powerful Upright mode, Lift-Away Pod mode, or Canister with caddy
- TruePet Mini Motorized Brush Attachment
- Dynamic swivel steering technology for better control to maneuver around any obstacles
- A 10-inch cleaning path to cover a wide area
- Complete Seal Technology + Washable HEPA filter
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
POSITIVES: Consumers who have long haired cats and hairy Labradors rate the Shark NV752 as one of the Best Pet vacuums, saying it does a great job picking up pet hair from their carpets and furniture. The Shark vacuum offers 3 mode settings – 2 settings for different types of carpet and 1 for your hard floor. So it works great even on berber carpet or shag carpet. You just need to adjust the setting to the correct pile and thickness, and this vacuum can perform miracles for you. In addition, with its LED headlights which shine at floor level, the user can much more easily easily see all of the pet hair on the floor compared with a vacuum with no LED lights. One consumer noted that the included pet brush offers better overall suction as compared with her older Dyson. READ FULL REVIEW
NEGATIVES: One of the biggest complaints of its users is that the hose is short and stiff. But not when you’re using the vacuum as an upright. Some consumers were less impressed with how it picked up particles off their hard floors since the brush roll is turned off when on the hard floor setting. This can be addressed by using the included washable microfiber pad attached to the dust away, which really works when vacuuming hard floors.
#2 Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Features the most advanced Radial Cyclone technology of Dyson
- Self adjusting cleaner head
- 25% more brush bar power that drives bristles more deeply into the carpet, to remove more dirt
- Ball technology offers users instant change of direction, on the spot with no awkward maneuvering
- Tangle-free Turbine tool that prevents hair from tangling around the brush bar
- Washable HEPA filters
- 5 years warranty from authorized reseller
NEGATIVES: Many believe that these are the best pet vacuums available, but the obvious disadvantage of the Dyson DC65 is definitely its high price tag. Some consumers also pointed out that they are a bit worried about the handle of the vacuum as it bends. Lastly, Dyson’s ball design does limit the vacuum cleaner’s reach under chairs, sofas and such.
#3 Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Upright
- Rolling brushes and rubber blades of pet attachments are easy to clean
- Folding handles will make storage a snap, good for limited storage spaces
- Filtration system includes, carbon filter to absorb pet odors, washable filter, and HEPA filter
- System check indicator to alert users when filter needs to be checked or cleaned
- No scuff bumper to protect your furniture
- Headlight that illuminates under furniture or dark corners for a thorough clean
- Five position carpet height adjustments
- Auto rewind cord, winds the 27 ft cord back inside
- 2 years warranty
The Hoover Pet Rewind Vacuums are regarded as the best pet vacuums in this price range. As Hoover uses more recycled plastic in their injection molded parts, they cut down costs. This, accompanied by good engineering – means they are able to provide an affordable vacuum that could compete with much higher priced models.
NEGATIVES: Consumers wanted the hose to be longer, while only a few consumers wanted the power cord to be longer. Also, if ever the self-winding cord fails, it will be a problem to wind it back by hand, unlike on other vacuums which all you to do it easily. They also complained that the trap door of the dust canister isn’t that useful because only the dirt on the bottom part falls easily, leaving still more dirt trapped on top. So it becomes a bit messy to clean.
#4 Shark Rocket HV322 TruePet Ultra-Light Upright
- Versatile for Floor to Ceiling vacuuming
- No loss of suction or power
- Advanced Steering for maneuvering around and under any obstacles
- TruePet Motorised Brush accessory for fast and easy removal of pet hair, dirt, dust and allergens from carpets or bare floors
- Dust-Away attachment for bare floor surfaces. Easily attach & detach using its quick release foot pedal
- Powerful LED headlights
- Multiple storage options
- Removable dust cup and washable filter
- 5 years warranty
POSITIVES: Definitely one of the best pet vacuums to consider when you’re looking for a cleaner that has a small footprint and can remove pet hair easily on carpets, bare floors, upholstery, car and more. This vacuum can be one of the most versatile vacuum cleaners you will ever own. It is easy to use and to change to using different attachments. You can feel that you will have all of the attachments needed to clean your carpets, hard floors and furniture. You will also be proud of its suction power.
Once again, the LED headlights from Shark proved to be one of the most likable features of the consumers. You can see all things on the floor much clearly, compared to just normal lighting or using a vacuum with no LED lights. There are many consumers who highly recommend this vacuum and it will be so worth the extra money if you buy the Shark Rocket True Pet vacuum cleaner. READ FULL REVIEW
NEGATIVES: No HEPA filter, but will be easier to clean. Although you have to clean the filter more often than recommended in order to maintain good suction. And for some consumers, the dirt bin isn’t as big as they are used too because it isn’t a full-sized vacuum.
#5 New Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum
- AirClean filter system – its multi-stage filter system ensures the consumers clean air while cleaning.
- Auto height adjustment – a spring loaded brushroll that automatically adjust to the surface being vacuumed
- Swivel neck technology & has LED headlight
- 14 meters reach and ComfortTwister with double swivel joints making it particularly agile
- Slimline design makes it convenient to clean under your bed, table, and such
- Large HyClean dust bag holds 6 liters volume to save money and time in preventing constant bag replacement
- Excellent array of accessories included such as dusting brush, crevice and upholstery nozzle
- 7 years warranty for motor & casing, and 1 year warranty on all other components
POSITIVES: Consumers were quite amazed with the Miele U1 cat and dog vacuum. Cleaning their carpets with just a single stroke using the Miele vacuum, there isn’t a single visible hair left that they can see. As compared to their old vacuum that they have to go through many times on their carpets to rid off dirt and pet hair. As bagged vacuums go these are the best pet vacuums out there. Users loved that the vacuum has a large bag capacity so they don’t have to empty it very frequently, when compared to most vacuums for pet hair. The bag compartment of the Miele vacuum is so easy to open and to change bags as well.
If you can afford the Miele vacuum, buy it. Consumers highly recommend this vacuum as it does a great job with unbelievable suction, it’s quiet to operate, offers a long cord, it is sturdy and well-built, has LED headlights, hose is easy to release and the unit swivels easily to go around edges or corners. READ FULL REVIEW
NEGATIVES: The Miele U1 Cat & Dog upright bagged vacuum cleaner is very expensive. Buying new bags can become quite pricey as well. The unit is a bit heavy to push around at 21 pounds.
#6 Bissell 33A1 Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded
- Pet attachments are easy to clean
- Made for quick cleaning of pet hair or dry messes
- Cyclonic Cleaning System
- Includes hard nozzle and flexible contour nozzle
- Specialized rubber nozzle attracts the hair and then pulls out the dirt or dust on areas such as upholstery, auto, stairs and many surfaces
- Lightweight with 16 feet power cord
- Multi-Level Filtration
- HEPA filter
- 1 year warranty
- Affordable, great for gifts
Pointers: Excellent when used on bed, couches, car seats, high pile carpets such as the ones found on stairs. But there are low pile surfaces that this device isn’t that effective on, such as cleaning pet hair on carpet floors of a car.
POSITIVES: Even though the name suggests that the Bissell Handheld Vacuum is a pet-hair specialist, it doesn’t really mean that you can’t use the device to pick up other mess aside from hair. As handhelds go this tops our best pet vacuums as it can pick up almost everything such as hair, kitty litter, carpet fibers from carpets and fabrics.
Consumers loved the rubberized comb on the device. The rubber nibs can efficiently attract hair, pulling it up for the vacuum to suck it in. A consumer had so many embedded hairs in her stairs that it looked dirty. With just a few swipes, piles of hair are being sucked up by the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum. As this is a corded model, there might be a time that you have to switch outlets as you go along cleaning the stairs. The vacuum does have amazing suction power and it is suited for cleaning small areas or some touch ups. But it is not intended to clean a whole room.
Consumers were pleased with its clear dirt container, making it easy to see when it is time empty. The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is durable and affordable, making it a great gift for family and friends who own a pet.
NEGATIVES: Since the Bissell pet vacuum produces powerful suction, it needs to expel exhaust air. Bissell placed the exhaust on the sides of the unit’s body, causing some air to blow forward at 45 degrees on each side. This will cause problems when cleaning on a hard, non fabric surface, as it blows around small particles (hair, powder and such) before you even get close enough to suck them up.
#7 bObi Pet Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Designed for cleaning up pet hair & paw prints
- 5 in 1 Clean – Simultaneous sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, air purifying & UV sterilizing
- Edge and obstacle sensors
- Free of Hazardous materials
- TouchMe Texture
- Washable and submergible dust bin
- Includes bObi block digital barrier to create boundaries
- Programmable cleaning schedule using the remote control
- Auto charging and battery runs for up to 1hr and 30mins
- Easy transition between floors
- 2 years warranty
POSITIVES: Users have no problem using the bobsweep robot vacuum to clean from light floors to dark carpets and vice versa. This device can also detect steps and has a boundary block to keep the device within the parameters you set. The Bobsweep can handle pet hair and even long human hairs very well, making it our best robot vacuum cleaner for pet hair. It features automatic floor sweeping that will suck and sweep away fur, dog hair and cat hair – leaving your floors hair-free, even in spring season. READ FULL REVIEW
Consumers appreciate that the bObi pet robotic vacuum is very easy to use. It has a friendly interface and lots of video tutorials found on Youtube, showing how to use, clean and maintain the device. This robot vacuum is also free of any harmful substances. The RoHS certification ensures that Bob is free of mercury, lead, cadmium, chromium and many others. Users were also very pleased with its customer support and highly recommend the bObi pet robot.
NEGATIVES: There are minor cons of the bObi pet robot vacuum that consumers pointed out. The bin needs frequent empty and sometimes while it’s running you have to empty the bin. There are times as well that Bob can’t make its way back to its charging dock. But this doesn’t happen often.
#8 Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum
- It has 75% more brush roll power compared to the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum, plus extra tools for tougher cleaning tasks.
- Direct-drive cleaning head, drives the bristles deeper into your carpet to remove more dirt.
- Dyson’s digital motor V6 makes the most powerful cord-free vacuum.
- 15 cyclones that are arranged across 2 tiers, and working in parallel to increase airflow, capturing more of the fine dust
- 20mins of fade-free suction
- Features max power mode
- Includes a convenient docking station that stores and charges the V6 unit
- Mini motorized tool with stiff nylon bristles to remove pet hair & ground-in dirt on your furniture, chairs, and tight spaces
- Includes mini soft dusting brush
- Hygienic bin emptying
- 2 years warranty
POSITIVES: Even though consumers feel that the V6 animal cordless vacuum is a bit too pricey, they still gave it 5star ratings as the vacuum saves them so much time in cleaning pet hair and dirt. This is our best cordless vacuum for pet hair. If you’re an owner of Golden Retriever, then you know vacuuming is a daily chore, the V6 animal cord-free vacuum just makes this daily task a breeze. Using the regular suction of the cordless vacuum is fine for cleaning pet hair on hard wood floors, but many consumers loved using the max suction since it does a greater job, even on carpets.
Consumers are grateful for its storing/charging dock, making it very convenient. The device is always charged and ready for use when needed. The Dyson V6 is also lightweight, a very handy tool for cleaning stairs, car seats, and hard to reach areas, as well as for any spot cleaning tasks. Its consumers highly recommend the Dyson V6 suggesting that you won’t regret getting one, as it makes cleaning jobs as painless as possible. READ FULL REVIEW
NEGATIVES: The Dyson V6 Animal is expensive, and as with most cordless vacuums, the dust bin is not sable to hold as much dirt as an upright vacuum, so users need to empty its bin frequently. There are few consumers who also felt that its run time is limiting. Dyson doesn’t include interchangeable battery packs to avoid the frustration having to stop in the middle of vacuuming when the charge is low.
#9 Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
- Bagless cyclonic and cordless stick vacuum with Windtunnel technology to remove embedded dirt
- Edge cleaning bristles to remove dirt up against corners or edges
- 18V lithium ion battery ensures no drop of suction power as its battery drains
- Interchangeable battery with charger
- One-touch control for activating the brush bar
- Great for carpeted areas and non-marking wheels also makes it ideal for hard floors
- Extreme recline handle to easily reach far under furniture
- Wide cleaner mouth to quickly clean up dry spills
- Bottom release dirt bin lets users see when it is time to empty, simplifying dirt disposal
- 2 years warranty
If you’re looking for an inexpensive cordless vacuum stick for pet hair, the Hoover LiNX comes highly recommended by its users. For some, this is by far the best cordless stick vacuum cleaner they ever had. It is very efficient in picking up pet hair on hard wood floors and area rugs. READ FULL REVIEW
NEGATIVES: Some consumers wished it came with an extra battery for them to vacuum longer. It also does not include attachments such as crevice tool. It does not offer a removable, handheld vacuum to make it easier when cleaning stairs and hard to reach areas. And if you reach too far when cleaning underneath the bed or cabinets, the cleaning head tends to lift off the surface. But with all its cons, the Hoover LiNX stick vacuum is still a revelation for consumers in cleaning dirt and pet hair.
#10 BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum
- Captures debris around edges and tight spaces
- V-shaped design directs large debris into the center suction, while the ends of the V design capture the small and fine debris
- Swivel head makes it easier to vacuum around furniture
- Dirt cup is easy to empty
- 7.5 lbs
- 20 feet power cord
- Designed for hard floors
- 1 Year Warranty
The BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hardfloor Corded Vacuum is affordable, yet durable. Some consumers who have been using it for 3 years are still satisfied with how the vacuum picks up hair, making their vacuuming job so much easier. Even though it isn’t perfect, most consumers were very happy with the performance and the price of the vacuum.
NEGATIVES: It only picks up dirt and hairs effectively in forward motion, not when moving it backwards. It also requires a longer stroke to suck up all the hair and dirt. This is due to its design, which funnels debris into certain areas of the cleaning head to get sucked up, making it less than ideal for kids to use. There are also some consumers who felt that the cord should be longer and the unit feels cheap plastic.